Wednesday, February 2, 2011

mommy guilt?

Estelle  had another good blog today.


There are so many times where I feel so frustrated with my kids. Parenting is probably the most challenging thing I have ever had to tackle in my life, and I'm only at the beginning! One of the main reasons it's so hard for me at times is because of how easy it is to feel guilty...for pretty much anything! Am I right, moms? I know I'm not alone because I've heard many a mother talk about the guilt they feel. It's when I'm at my lowest that I get pummeled with guilt. What may start as a challenge at the beginning of the day can quickly turn into an overwhelming problem where I see no solution. Then I get frustrated, overwhelmed and then I start to feel guilty for feeling overwhelmed..and then guilty for feeling guilty! hahaha


I am the only one living my life. That means, that whatever challenges I face, should never be compared to the challenges that others face. If I am faced with a problem that seems too big for me, that is important to God. He sees how big that mountain is in front of me...He's not looking at me saying, "Well, if you only knew how bad some people have it..." He is never condemning me. He only offers me love and compassion. He knows where I'm at. He understands why I'm there and He knows how to get me out. If I can keep that in mind and stop comparing myself to others, I may be able to make some headway.



Go and finish reading it here

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...