Monday, July 11, 2011

Another finish!!

Yay!

I have another quilt done.

I think this is the first one that doesnt have a home in mind when I made it.

Its my black and white one that I talked about its piecing here and its "birthing" here

For quilting it I decided that I would do a mixed job. I tied the center and hand quilted the outside.

I quilted the straight lines while I was on our road trip. Somewhere along the way I picked up a blue fabric marker so I could draw in the pattern on the border.

you can see the red stitches on the blue line.

 and here is how it looks all done!



I washed it with a towel too- so it got a bit fuzzy.

I asked Zeke if he liked and he right away went to sit on it and then...


tied in red about 3 inches. 
But I saw some came undone after washing- does anyone have a specific technique that works for them??


So nice that we could lay down and put our feet up!

now to decide what to do with it :)

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I tie with a 'suture' knot - take a stitch and then tie a granny with a square knot on top - don't clip your thread too close to the knot - leave a 'shag' so the thread raveling will not loosen your knot.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish! Your hand quilting on the sides is gorgeous :)

Heather G. said...

It's lovely! Love the scrolling!

idajo2 said...

How did you know that red 'n' black are my favorite colors!! ;) Seriously, it's absolutely gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...