Sunday, March 25, 2012

my purple heart

The quilt guild that I go to was having a class using the "twister ruler"

We had to have the top this far along before class. 

I have said before that I like this purple and green combo. Some of this you may recognize from this post

This is the ruler. 
You had to line up the lines on the seams and cut carefully around it. This is not as easy as it sounds since you couldnt move the ruler. Many people jumped from one side of the table to the other. Me? I have taught myself to use the rotary cutter in my left hand :) It works ok for the smaller cuts.
so after cutting out all the squares- they needed to be sewn together

and add the border 
(there is one twisted the wrong way- oh well) 

I love the back of the quilt with all the seams


Then finish it off!

 Zeke likes to think all quilts are for him.

I had to piece the back from my leftovers. There wasnt much let to work with :)
I quilted it using the walking foot on my machine.
(i dont know which side I like better)

signed and you can see that after I bound it (I had put the binding on the front first and I dont like that!) that I used a fancy flower stitch from my machine.

This quilt is going to be for squid when she is born.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...